Monday, January 15, 2018

Over time....

Here's an update on my wheelchair
Jason did a full work-up on my chair just to make sure there was no other damage the frame is fine which is a big relief because if the frame was damaged that would mean I would need a whole new chair
Here is what is damaged my right motor needs to be completely replaced even the piece that the motor sits on needs to be replaced from what I understand
But the chair is driveable he fix the motor enough with parts they had in the shop just until they're able to get my new parts to put on my chair.... I'm not quite sure how long this is going to take to get my new parts because the Metro Bus has to pay for them and I still have not heard back from them Jason told me today if I do not hear back from them in a couple days to give them a call and they would see what they could do on their end so if I don't hear anything by Thursday I'm going to give reliable call and see if they can get ahold of the bus company
I'm not going to sit here and say dealing with this has been easy because it hasn't..... I don't talk about this much because I found my own way of dealing with it but a few years ago I was hit by a car and they left the scene and having this happen to me last Friday brought up a lot of emotions that I guess I was okay with putting behind me but I guess when something like this happens to you it just never goes away
I'm very grateful that I made it out both times without anything happening to myself..... both times I could has been hurt really badly but somehow I came out without any scratches except for the fact that I have problems with my chairs but let me tell you that doesn't make it any easier or any scarier my emotions have been all over the place
I guess what I'm saying is cherish what you have sitting in front of you or where you are tonight because you just never know when they can disappear
It's going to take me awhile to get back to where I was but I will I've done it before and I can do it again.... I will fully admit I'm kind of scared to get on the bus to go to my therapy appointment on Friday but I know I have to and I can do it it's just going to be really hard
Be happy with who you are and where you are today and tomorrow because it can change in an instant you never know
Have a great night my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment