Tuesday, June 4, 2013

About me


Hi. My name is Misty but, my friends call me MD. I am 30 years old from the little town of Maple Lake Minnesota.  I am now living in St. Cloud, I moved here in 2002. I was born with Cerebral Palsy (CP) and I have significant lower extremity weakness and atrophy with spasticity requiring bilateral ankle AFOs and use a wheelchair for mobility. I have felt that having this disability has been a learning experience and every day is a new challenge. Despite this being a challenge, I am still very active. I have a background in Child and Adult Care and Education from St. Cloud Technical College.

 

Other things I enjoy in my free time are being with family and friends, volunteering at the Southside Boys and Girls club, writing poetry; I have 3 books done and a new book is in the works.  Its fun to give them as gifts and see someone smile just for a moment.  I was also crowned Ms. Wheelchair Minnesota 2004, that is a year that will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment