Saturday, May 23, 2015

From Misty

Hi it’s Misty
First I have to start off with a big thank you to all the staff and doctors at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in the Twin Cities Minnesota
It is truly a miracle that I'm sitting here writing this update for you
Basically the doctor save my life the pump they took out was not in there correctly it was moving around it was not tied down like it was supposed to be and the catheter was too short and it was way too deep under the skin
That is why I was so sick all the time with all the bladder infections and feeling like crap because basically I felt like crap I was hiding it very well
My surgeon came out to my friends and family and told them I can't see how she made it as long as she did with that pump the way it was and it's a miracle that she's doing as well as she is doing right now
Never will I go back to the Saint Cloud hospital for a surgical procedure again. I almost died because of this pump basically not in so many words I could have possibly died at any time
I cannot tell you how much better I feel since this new pump has been placed and it is in there correctly and I feel amazing
Yes I will be very sore for a very long time but at least I know its in there correctly and I will be safe
Now to give you a little info on this new pump
They moved it from the lower part of my stomach to upper a part of my stomach rate below my ribs
They placed into a pocket and suture did that pocket and added more catheter to the catheter that was already there because the catheter was way too short
I also have to wear a brace for about a month to keep everything in place and so it doesn't move I go back to the doctor in about 2 weeks to get my stitches out and in about a week I go see my regular doctor just for a checkup to make sure I'm healthy
Thank you so much for all the love and support it means so much you just don't know
I'm so happy I found this doctor that is listening to me and that is helping me because I felt so crappy for so long that I thought it was never going to end
so once again I want to say thank you to everyone that have been by my side through this process
I still have a long road of recovery ahead but I know at least they need anything I can call my doctor at any point
I'm tired and I'm sore but I know that's to be expected but I can tell you this from the bottom of my heart I feel amazing and a hundred percent times better than I did Thursday morning before they put me asleep
I have a new appreciation for life absolutely I realize that life is way too short so friends don't take it for granted because it could be gone in a flash
I love you all very much and I will update again soon and remember have the best day you can have and enjoy that beautiful weather
Love misty Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment