Friday, July 15, 2016

A much-needed Medical Update 7-15-16

I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet but I'm not going to promise anything because I haven't done one of these in a very long time
Please forgive me if there's any spelling mistakes I will go back and fix them as soon as I'm done
First I'm going to start with my allergy appointment that I had the end of June... all is well with my allergies as expected I'm still on the same allergy medicine then we'll probably be on them the rest of my life but all is well and he's very happy with my progress..... in the near future I may have a couple tests done to see what kind of soaps I am exactly allergic to but we didn't schedule anything yet so if that comes up I will keep you all posted
Second is my eye appointment went really well and the doctors are extremely happy with the way my eyes look ever since I had surgery my eyes have become more healthy and they think the pump not working and me not getting my medicine had a lot to do with all of my problems with my eyes I still have my two stigmatism in both of my eyes but my eyes are completely healthy there's nothing wrong with them otherwise they even lowered my prescription of my eyeglasses two lesser prescription I do still have my bifocals and probably will have those for the rest of my life due to my cerebral palsy
So all-in-all my eye appointment went very well and he's very happy with my progress
Third is my dental appointment went extremely well I have no cavities needed no feelings just a nice cleaning and a fluoride treatment is all I got when I went to the dentist and of course my bag of goodies with a new toothbrush the doctor is very happy with my progress my teeth are very healthy and again we're contributing to this all because of the new pump I was so unhealthy guys and I was feeling so horrible and now I feel so fantastic
Number 4 this hasn't happened yet but I thought I would give you a heads up I do have my physical coming up this coming Friday so as soon as I know how things go with that I will give you an update I will be having blood work done and a few other tests just to make sure everything is kosher
And probably will be scheduling a uterine ultrasound just to make sure there's no cancer because it does run in the family and I get one done every year just to make sure I'm clean and healthy it's not painful and it will cause me no harm just A routine check-up
Here's what I found out in the cities today at my appointment
First of all I met with my new doctor that's going to be taking over my case down at courage Kenny rehabilitation institute
She's really nice and I feel really comfortable with her we discussed a lot of things and I got a lot of answers that I was hoping for
First I want to give you an update on my right shoulder that I have had tests run on and some other test so lots of tests
I'm not sure why st. Cloud could not give me these answers but I got them today so I guess that really doesn't matter needless to say I'm really frustrated with st. Cloud.... it's really hard for me to feel comfortable with any facility in st. Cloud medically wise because of all the issues that I have had in the past couple years but today I got some answers that I've been waiting for for a while now
Long story short is my right shoulder is a mess.... I have a slight tear in the inside of my shoulder by the socket and the cartilage in my socket of my shoulder is basically gone....I could have surgery to repair this but what usually happens is when a person in my situation has this surgery done we end up reentering our shoulder even worse than it was before if we have the surgery so surgery for me is not an option to fix this so basically I need to just live with the pain so if I say it my shoulder hurt it's because my shoulder really does hurt and if I tell you that I can't do something because my shoulder hurt it's because my shoulder really does hurt.... now this injury is not going to stop me from doing things it just makes things a lot more difficult but I always work through it with a smile on my face like always.... the doctor was reading this to me on her computer looking over the file and all the tests I had done and she told me that I already knew the answer because I've had this happen with my arms so basically I knew what the problem was I just needed some definitive answers and I got them today....This probably when you do get worse and it might even happen to my other shoulder which is a big possibility since I have to use both of them for lifting and transferring myself if the pain gets worse we will just add a medication to help the pain but as of right now I'm just dealing with it on my own because I would prefer not to add another medication to my regimen
In a few weeks or maybe even longer I will start with a therapist sound at courage Kenny Rehabilitation the two to help me get my new wheelchair they will consult with the wheelchair company along with me to set up the wheelchair that I am most comfortable in and my new doctor thinks this will be a great opportunity for me..... along with this I'm also going to have a bone density test done to make sure my bones are healthy because of all the issues that I'm having with my shoulders and my arms she just wants to check my bones to make sure they are healthy and if I need help keeping my bones healthy we will just add another medication that helps with this and I'm completely on board with this because of how much time I spend in my chair I think it's important for me and to get this test done just to make sure I know what's going on with my bones and so we keep them in as healthy as possible
One Last Thing Before I end this update is my doctor down at courage Kenny rehabilitation institute is also giving me a prescription to have a custom knee brace made for my left me because I've been having a lot of pain in my knee I've had this pain since I was in high school but haven't had a knee brace to give me a little more support for a few years so we've decided to have a custom knee brace made for my knee that way if it needs to be adjusted it can be adjusted or if I need to have a new one made I can have a new one made she gave me a prescription for this today and a few other prescriptions to take to my doctor to have things made or started
I hope this all makes sense and if you have any questions please message me privately and I will try to answer them for you as much as I can and as things happen I will try to keep you up-to-date so that you know what's going on
I love you all very much and thank you so much for sticking around and have a great weekend and remember to go make someone smile and help someone else because that's what makes the world a better place have a great weekend friends and I love you from the bottom of my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment